Sunday, February 26, 2012

Moving on up to the East Side!

It's finally happening. What I planned only for 6 months turned into 5 years of living in Phoenix but I'm finally moving back to the mother land. No, not Russia although that would be cool. I'm moving back to Charlotte, North Carolina. Well stick a flower in my hair and call me Daisy!

When I told most people out here that I was moving back they responded with "why?". People in Phoenix seem to have amnesia. They always forget that it gets hotter than hell in this town. And it stays hot for several months. And then they complain about it when it reaches 120° F. If you don't like heat get out of the kitchen. I'm getting out of the kitchen.

I have a really awesome support system back in Charlotte. I took that for granted. Joni Mitchell was right. " you don't know what you got til it's gone". I never really found that support system of friends in Phoenix. I did meet some good people and I know I made a few life long friends but I met a lot of really terrible people too. I think the sun addled their minds perhaps. But it could be that misery loves company and sweet lord I've been a miserable person for far too long in this here valley.

It dawned on me a while ago that I was just floating around waiting for something or someone to make me happy. It took a lot of terrible times to realize that no one on this earth can make you happy but yourself. It's the biggest cliche ever but it's totally true. And you have to work really, really hard at being happy. So hard in fact that its not fun and you will lose the point of it all. I'm not even close to my happiness goal but I know in my heart I'm finally on the right track.

Anyway, in a few hours I'm going to pick up my best friend of a thousand years Danny, pack up my explosion of fur aka Daphne, pack up my clothes and hit the road east on I-40. I'll post pictures and little comments about stuff we see. You can probably expect some inappropriate humor but hey, it's me we are talking about here.

Reporting from the last day in Phoenix, Sarah.

1 comment:

  1. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Kill it! look forward to reading updates!
    smooches! coops

    ReplyDelete