Monday, February 27, 2012

Deep in the heeeaaart of cow country.

Made it to Amarillo, TX. Thought we were here by 8 but forgot they are an hour ahead.

This town smells like cow poop. At first I thought it was Danny then Daphne. Then saw the mass fields of cows and almost threw up. They aren't free range that's for sure! Very nearly gave up meat again until we realized the only thing open was a Waffle House so of course I had bacon.

Tomorrow the goal is Memphis. I would like to spend a little time there revisiting Stax and Sun Studio. No need to see Graceland. The Jungle room is eternally burned into my brain from 11 years ago. My dad mentioned going to see the Peabody. If I can find a velvet painting then that would make this trip complete.

Daphne is doing really well. She might like traveling as much as I do. She seems to be enjoying herself actually. I'd like to see how she does outside her crate tomorrow.

Danny has been a riot. Friends like him last a life time.

I'm going to bed.

Toodles from Texas!!

- Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Daphne's being good and Danny's driving shift. When you get back in town I'll take you to thirsty beaver and you can get an eyeful of elvis and velvet painting both good and bad alike. xoxo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny AND Daphne out of their crates!?! That could be interesting. Hope you get a chance to check out some stuff in Nashville, especially Sun Studio, all kinds of history there. Too bad you can't really partake in some of the local taverns.... good beer and good history. Kisses from the CLT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Memphis find Rendevous Bar-B-Que. It's great but it was only open at night during the week. Ask for directions, everyone knows it.

    ReplyDelete